Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday!

Callie turned one this last weekend, and what a week leading up to it! I don't think we could have crammed anything more into a week. Saturday we went to EMP, Science Center, a birthday party, and just cause that wasn't enough, we also went swimming. A few days to recover, and then Laura and the boys are in town for a day of playing together and dinner, then Lindsay and Brian arrive and Callie joins all their adventures for the next two days. Her birthday party on Saturday, and exploring Seattle on Sunday before Lindsay and Brian had to head home. She was one happy kiddo. The busier she is, the happier she is. I think it may take all week to recover from all the excitement.
Callie's birthday was great. She has a blast with all the friends and family there to celebrate with us. She loved the presents and especially the cards. It was hard to get the cards from her to be able to read them as she was so into looking at them. She would have been happy just to get cards, but we appreciate all the cute clothes and new books. It is nice to mix up the nightly reading as a year of the same books does get a little old.
And of course, the CAKE! At first she was more into moving her spoon around than eating. After we all watched her forever, and then passed out to everyone (almost 30 people) she finally decided enough of this and went head first into the cake. Just going for it was much easier than using either a spoon or hands.
What is this? Are they really going to let me dig into it?
What is on my hands?

Forget the spoon, I'm going headfirst.

This is hard work. And my teeth are coming in so I'm just going to chew on my fingers.

I LOVE this stuff!
I'll just keep moving my spoon back and forth, but I am not going to eat anything. It is purple!



Now that Callie is one, she seems to have have made some changes. She can now wear her hair in pigtails. Although Grandma isn't so sure about them because "she looks too grown up." Yesterday she kept "running" down the living room with her walker toy. She would get to the end, turn around, and run back. So I decided to record this because I thought it was cute. She takes off, and decides she has had enough of this so she goes into her room and shuts the door on me! And it is pretty cute how she uses her whole body to turn the walker, so you can see it here.
And tonight at dinner she kept crying and reaching for my fork as I was feeding her with it (it is really hard to feed her spaghetti with a baby spoon). I finally gave it to her, and she was happy. Even happier when we started putting chicken on the fork for her to eat with. It is pretty funny to watch her put the large fork into her tiny mouth, so you can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment