Friday, June 22, 2012

Alligator Slide Right In

Tonight started out with Callie telling me that "She needs to go swimming!"  So we pack up our stuff and head of the the Y.  While there Callie tells me "To swim over there," meaning way across the pool while she stands on the opposite edge.  After once again telling her that the rule is I have to stay close so we can be safe, she quickly decides it is time to go to the shallow end where I don't have to be so close.  While doing "alligator slides" right in (she lays on her stomach on the edge of the pool, and the slides right into the pool head first), she tells me to back up and not grab her.  Next thing I know, my little girl is going headfirst into the pool, kicking her feet, and coming up to stand up all by herself.  Needless to say, I was a little impressed and very proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment