Thursday, March 3, 2011

Look out world...

I kept saying "It will be so much easier once Callie is walking," and everyone looked at me like I was a crazy person. I still insisted that it would be easier because she doesn't like to be held or confined for long (or even medium) lengths of time. How much easier will it be once she can walk around at the park or the store rather than be held. I still stick with this argument, but did not really get a chance to test it out. I knew climbing would come after walking, but didn't think it would be so soon. Callie really started walking on Tuesday. She went from taking a maximum of 5-10 steps to walking long distances (the whole hallway, so long I know) and loosing her balance, touching the ground, and standing back up to walk rather than crawl. And then came Wednesday. And with Wednesday came climbing. She pulled Grandma's step stool over the the fridge, and climbed up both steps to be able to reach the magnets to her fridge farm that were up higher. She also figured out that if she pulled the box off the bookshelf, she could use the box to then climb up onto the shelf. So much for my dreams of a easy phase of just walking. Every time I say something, she goes and proves me wrong. Someday I will learn to keep my mouth shut, it might be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment