Sunday, August 28, 2011

End of Summer Adventures

Last weekend we went camping in Westport. Of course, Callie loved it. We lucked out and our campsite had a little sand pit in it for Callie to play in. While there Grandma said "Callie, I would feel better if your were farther away from the fire." Callie responded with her first sentence, "I say no." Se expanded on that that back at home to include "No, no. I say no." Yet she says this with a sweet, calm and quiet voice. But there is nothing tame about her intentions. She has said a few more sentences including "I eat" when she wanted breakfast and "I want more milk."

Callie had fallen in love with "Ring Around the Rosie" and "The Wheels on the Bus." She asks continually for these songs in the car and wants us to sing them to her. This weekend we went to Pasco for Julien's first birthday. On Friday, Callie and I left to pick Mike up from work. We hadn't been in the car for 3 minutes before she says "ashes, ashes" which is her way of asking me to sing "Ring Around the Rosie." I think we sang it 100 times before getting to our stop in Ellensburg. We stayed the night with David and Joyce and Callie got to really see stars for the first time. She was impressed with them.

And to finish off a busy weekend, we met with our baby friends play group at a spray park in Tacoma. Callie is not such a fan of the spray parks. I think this is because they are not predictable and she doesn't know when they are going to spray. And they spray cold water, and she likes to be warm. So she had fun playing on the toys. At one point she was walking around, watching her shadow (a thing of GREAT fascination). She was so busy watching her shadow, that she walked into the spray that was coming out of a bears mouth. She backed up, looked at the bear, pointed her finger at it and loudly said "NO!" I don't think she liked it surprising her and getting her wet. Later at the park at home, she would ask for my hand, and as I walked closer, pull hers away and just giggle.

She continues to amaze us with the amount of personality someone so little can have. And we are enjoying all aspects of her personality, including the stubborn, independent side.

No comments:

Post a Comment