Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bedtime

Callie has typically been very good about bedtime.  It takes her a long time, like 1-2 hours, to fall asleep.  But she is happy, stays in her bed, reads, sings, and cuddles her stuff dog Violet.  I think it helps that Violet talks to her and sings :).  Last night was a more difficult night.  We couldn't find Violet.  We searched the house.  And searched.  And finally found Violet in the mass of blankets in her bed.  Yes, we had already looked there, and even taken the blankets out.  But when you sleep with 20 blankets, things can get lost.  And then Violets batteries died.  Callie couldn't handle Mike going to fix Violet without her watching.  When he gave the now working Violet back to her, her face lit up and she had a huge grin as she hugged Violet all the way upstairs.

And about the blankets, the kid has a sixth sense about it.  I tried taking a putting one or two blankets away during the day, and she realizes they are missing!  It probably doesn't help that she still doesn't have closet doors and can see in her closet where the blankets are stored, but she can't actually see the blankets.  And she takes her shirt off every night so that she can feel the "comfy blanket" on her tummy.  Some nights her shorts or pants also come off at some point.  This morning I went to get her and she had on a diaper and socks.

Tonight while going to bed, I gave her a kiss on the head and told her good night.  She responded with "I don't need a kiss."  I told her that I kiss her because I love her so much and kisses are a way of saying I love you.  She immediately says "I need a kiss," and as soon as I give her a kiss, "Say I love you."

At another point she also asked to see the sheets and blankets in the closet (to make sure I hadn't take any away, but I've given up on that) and then asked for her bucket which contains all the empty Easter eggs.  I told her we don't take the bucket night night and she said "Only Daddy does."  Hum...I guess we are not on the same page on that one and she knows it!

No comments:

Post a Comment